NEET Application Form 2017 – The online application forms of NEET 2017 is available from January 31, 2017. The exam conducting authority, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released NEET 2017 application forms in online mode only and no other means is available to fill NEET application form 2017. Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS and BDS programmes from government, private and deemed colleges/ universities situated in any state or union territory of India have to mandatorily fill NEET application form 2017, as per a Supreme Court’s Order of 2016 on NEET. The last date to fill NEET application form is March 1, 2017. Candidates must note that NEET application form 2017 is a four-step process which includes downloading of information brochure, registration, uploading of digital images, signature, right hand index finger impression, application fee payment (either via online or offline mode) and generating the confirmation page. Candidates can check below for the detailed procedure to fill NEET application 2017. Candidates are advised to read NEET eligibility criteria thoroughly before filling up NEET application form 2017.
Important – According to a notification released on February 3, 2017, CBSE has rolled back the bar on three attempts and the examination taken in 2017 will be treated as the first attempt irrespective of attempts taken in previous years.
Important events related to NEET Application Form 2017
Candidates can check important schedule of NEET 2017 application form through the given table below :
NEET 2017 Important Dates
NEET 2017 online applications to be released
January 31, 2017
Last date for submitting the NEET application
March 1, 2017 (till 12:00 midnight)
Payment of NEET application fee
January 31 to March 1, 2017 (till 12:00 midnight)
Date of uploading of Admit-Card on website
April 15, 2017
NEET 2017 Exam Date
May 7, 2017
Downloading of OMR Answer Sheet
Third/Fourth week of May, 2017
Declaration of NEET 2017 Result
June 8, 2017
LATEST – NEET application form 2017: Click Here to apply NEET online application form 2017
NEET Application Form 2017 Fee
Candidates belonging to various category like General/OBC/SC/ST/PH and others can check below the fee structure of NEET 2017.
NEET Application Fee 2017
|Category||Application Fee (without late fee)|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1400|
Highlights of NEET application form 2017:
- It is advised that candidates must read the information brochure carefully before filling up the application form of NEET 2017
- NEET 2017 form is available in online mode only and no other mode will be accepted by the exam conducting authority
- Before starting the procedure to fill application form, candidates must be ready with an unique email id and a valid phone number
- All the fields mentioned in the application form are mandatory to fill
- NEET 2017 form fee amount can only be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/E-challan at designated banks only
- After successful completion of NEET application form 2017, candidates must take 2 to 3 print outs of the confirmation page
Candidates can check below for the important details to be filled during National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) application form 2017
According to the official NEET application brochure, following details are furnished about Aadhar Card:
- For national citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a mandatory information to be provided uring online application of NEET 2017 in all States except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRI applicants, Passport Number is a mandatory requirement for filling-up of the online application of NEET 2017.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online NEET 2017 application.
- At the time of filling NEET application form, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth and gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database.
- In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth and gender as per their school records. If there is any mismatch in these details, the candidates need to get it rectified, immediately, in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- A separate PUBLIC NOTICE is being published regarding requirement of AADHAAR, which needs to be read by candidates and follow the instructions given therein.
Details to be filled during NEET application form 2017
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Qualifying examination
- Year of passing Class X
- Name of school where studied Class X
- Percentage Obtained in Class X
- Year of passing Class XII
- Name of school where studied Class XII
- Percentage Obtained in Class XII
- Contact details
- State domicile
- Parents/guardian’s details
Choice of examination
Enter name of three examination codes from where you can appear. The examination centre will be allocated as per the availability.
How to fill NEET Application Form 2017:
Step 1 – Download NEET 2017 information brochure and Fill the online application form of NEET 2017 and generate a registration number
Candidates have to download the information brochure and read it thoroughly to ascertain the eligibility criteria. Besides, candidates can also check the number of seats reserved for different caste categories, entrance exam do’s and don’ts, validity of merit list and rank etc.
During the online registration procedure, candidates have to fill all the requisite details as asked in the application form. Basically, candidates have to furnish details like their date of birth, contact details (phone number and email di) academic qualifications, Class X and XII scores (if declared) and year of passing etc.
Review filled in application details
During this stage, candidates have to carefully check all the details as mentioned in the application form. In case of any incorrect spelling, number and any other information, candidates can edit the details by clicking on ‘Back’ button. If information provided is correct, candidates can click on ‘FINAL SUBMISSION’ button to switch to the next step of application form. Now, candidates have to enter the OTP already sent on their registered mobile number and email id.
Step 2 – Uploading of images, signature and right hand index finger impression
During this step, candidates have to login again using their registration number and password received during the online registration, i.e, Step 2. Candidates have to upload their images, signature and right hand index finger impression in the following digital format:
- Image: It should be in JPEG format between 10 KB and 100 KB in size
- Signature: It should be in JPEG format between 3KB and 20 KB in size
- Right hand index finger impression: It should be in JPEG format between 3 KB and 20 KB in size
Step 3 – NEET 2017 Application fee payment
The application fee can be in paid in both online and offline modes. Candidates can select any of the following payment fee method:
- Online mode: Application fee amount can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
- Offline mode: Application fee amount can be paid via e-challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank generated at the time of online registration.
Step 4 – Generate NEET 2017 application form confirmation page
After completing the above steps of NEET application form 2017, candidates have to generate a confirmation page by click on the ‘Confirmation’ link.
What documents should be preserved after successful submission of NEET application form 2017?
It is advised to preserve the following documents after completion of NEET application form registration:
- Confirmation page of NEET application form 2017
- Proof of application fee amount paid (online receipt if paid by credit card/debit card/internet banking or bank challan copy if paid in offline)
- 6 passport size photos as uploaded in application form
What things should be kept in mind while filling up NEET application form 2017?
- Password is a confidential and should not be shared with any one
- For security reasons, after use, always logout from your NEET 2017 application form account
- Keep on changing your password on regular intervals
How can I change/ retrieve NEET application form 2017 password?
In case candidates’ forget their password, then they can retrieve them from any of the following ways:
- Through OTP: An OTP (one time password) will be sent to candidates’ registered mobile number. The received code can be used to retrieve the password of NEET application form 2017.
- Through security reason: While using this method to retrieve the password, candidates have to provide their registration number, date of birth and security question which they filled during the online submission of application form.
- Forget mobile number and email id: While using this procedure, candidates have to enter their NEET registration number, date of birth and security pin as shown.
I do not have access to internet. How can I fill NEET application form 2017?
For providing support to candidates who do not have access to internet, CBSE has designated common service centres/facilitation centre across the country. These service centres will provide desired support to candidates in online submission of NEET 2017 application form. This must be noted that filling up the form through common services centre, candidates have to pay the examination fee with e-wallet services:
E-wallet services at Common services centres of NEET Application form 2017
|Services Provided at Facilitation Centres||Fee for Services|
|Preparing e-mail, Submission of NEET Application form & Printout||
|On line payment of Fee||0.5% of transaction amount|
|Downloading of NEET Admit Card/ OMR/Answer Key||
|Online claim for NEET Responses/Key||
|Printout per page||
NEET FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: Will NEET be held twice in 2017?
Answer: NEET 2017 will be held once, i.e., on May 7, 2017.
Question: Can I purchase NEET 2017 application form through bank or post office?
Answer: No, NEET 2017 application forms will be available in online mode only. The application form of NEET can be filled between January 31 and March 1, 2017.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria to appear in NEET 2017?
Answer: Candidates must be 17 years of age as or on December 31, 2017.
Question: What is the age limit to appear in NEET?
Answer: The upper age limit of NEET 2017 depends on candidates caste category. The age limit for general category candidate is 25 years, while it is 30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Question: What is the application fee of NEET 2017?
Answer: NEET 2017 application fee for General and OBC category candidate is Rs.1400, while, it is Rs.750 for SC/ST category candidates.
Question: How to pay NEET 2017 application fee amount?
Answer: The application fee amount of NEET 2017 can be paid in both the modes, online and offline. Candidates can pay the requisite application amount either via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. However, it can also be paid via e-challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank.