JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 is now available for all eligible candidates from April 28 to May 2, 2017 (5 PM). Registrations with late fee will be open from May 3 to May 4, 2017. The application form of JEE Advanced 2017 has been released only in online mode. The JEE Advanced 2017 application procedure will comprise three basic steps – filling registration form, uploading scanned certificates and paying registration fees. All details filled by the candidates in the JEE Advanced application form 2017 must be valid. The candidates will also have to pay the required application fees as per their specific category. Only those candidates whose scores are equal or above the JEE Main Cutoff marks specified for JEE Advanced can fill the JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form. Also, they must satisfy the specified eligibility criteria before registration. Unregistered candidates will not be allowed to participate in the admission process through JEE Advanced 2017. Interested candidates can register and fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 on this page.
To fill JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form Click here
How to fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2017?
The online application form of JEE Advanced 2017 is now available from April 28 to May 2, 2017. To be registered for the admission procedure, all of the candidates will have to successfully fill and submit the JEE Advanced application form. The steps involved in the application process of JEE Advanced 2017 are given below.
Step 1: JEE Advanced 2017 Registration
- Click on the link abouve to register for JEE Advanced 2017.
- The applicants will have to log in using their JEE Main Roll Number, Password along with the security pin.
- After login, applicants have to submit their basic data which includes their choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi), examination cities and more.
- The applicants also have an option of registering mobile number other than the one provided in JEE Main 2017. The result of JEE Main 2017 will be sent to one of these two registered numbers.
- A new password for JEE Advanced 2017 has to be created. This password has to be kept safely as it will be required for all the related operations.
- JEE Advanced Application Form 2017 cannot be withdrawn after the completion of registration. The registration fee cannot be refunded or transferred.
- Registration of JEE Advanced 2017 will be cancelled in case it is found that the candidate does not meet the specified eligibility criteria.
JEE Advanced Password Guidelines:
- Candidates have to choose a password, which has to be 8 to 13 Characters long.
- The password has to be a combination of one upper case alphabet, one lower case alphabet, one numeric value and one special character like !@#$%^&*-.
Know how to reset your password in case you forget:
Applicants can use the security question and its answer chosen during filling JEE Advanced 2017 registration form.
The verification code sent via text message to registered mobile number of candidate
A reset link sent via Email to the registered Email address of candidate
Filling the Online Application Form
- The candidates will be redirected to a page comprising of their personal and academic details (from the application of JEE Main 2017) after the password is created during registration.
- They need to enter their number of attempts of the examination.
- Applicants are required to mention JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Cities (three from the exam centre list). The chosen centres must fall in the same IIT zone.
- The language of question paper (Hindi or English) has to be selected by the applicants, along with mentioning whether the candidate falls in the DS category or not.
- Those requiring a scribe should mention it.
Note: Any request for change of centre/language of question paper will not be entertained by the IIT.
Step 2: Uploading Scanned Certificates
In the next step, the candidates will have to upload scanned copies of all requisite documents. The list of documents that has to be uploaded during online registration are mentioned below-
Size of Documents to Upload
- Size of Photograph must be between 4KB to 10KB
- Size of Signature must be greater than 1KB and less than 30KB
- The certificate image must be greater than 100KB and less than 300KB
Documents to be uploaded by all candidates-
- A colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph not taken earlier than six months. The photograph should be such that it allows clear identification of the applicant.
- Birth certificate OR Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned on it
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared in 2017)
- Scanned copy of full signature of candidate
- Gazette notification showing the change of name in case the name is not same as in class X certificate
Candidates looking for admission under the OBC-NCL category
OBC-NCL certificate (form EC2) issued on or after June 1, 2017 and compliant with the latest guidelines of the Government of India
Candidates looking for admission under the SC/ST category
Caste (for SC) or tribe (for ST) certificate (form EC1)
Candidates looking for admission under the PwD category
Disability certificate (form EC3) issued by a district medical board / competent authority. A dyslexic candidate is required to submit form EC6 in place of form EC3.
Candidates requiring services of a scribe
- Request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT (form EC5)
- PwD certificate (form EC3) OR certificate for dyslexic candidate (form EC6) issued by the competent authority
Candidates looking for admission under the DS category
Certificate (form EC4) issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
Candidates whose class XII examination board is outside India OR not listed in section10- examinations considered as equivalent to class XII
A certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination qualified by the applicants is equivalent to the class XII exam
Step 3: Payment of registration fees
IIT Madras, the organising institute of JEE Advanced 2017, has announced the registration fees for the candidates belonging to different categories. The registration fees given below does not include processing fees, service charges and any other bank charges.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2017 for Exam Centres in India
|1||Female candidates||Rs. 1,200|
|2||SC, ST, PwD candidates||Rs. 1,200|
|3||All other categories||Rs. 2,400|
All category candidates have to pay the late fee of Rs. 500 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2017 for Exam Centres outside India (SAARC countries)
|All candidates||USD 135|
Applicants from SAARC countries have to pay late fee of USD 80 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced Application/Registration Fee 2017 for Exam Centres outside India (Non-SAARC countries)
|All candidates||USD 270|
Applicants from Non-SAARC countries have to pay the late fee of USD 80 (along with the prescribed application fee) if they submit their application form after the last date.
JEE Advanced 2017 Payment Modes
Candidates can pay application fees via any of the following three modes-
Payment by SBI Debit Card/Internet Banking
The system will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page after the candidate clicks on “Pay Registration Fee” button. Applicants can select Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking as per their convenience. They will be able to print the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number after paying the fee successfully.
Payment by Cash using SBI Branch Option
The system will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page after the candidate clicks on “Pay Registration Fee” button. He/she has to select “SBI Branch” for making payment via cash. A challan will be generated, the print-out of which has to be taken and carry it to the SBI branch for making cash payment. After paying the fees, the applicant has to visit the visit this web page again and download the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number.
Payment for Dubai Exam Centre
Candidates willing to select Dubai as the exam city have to pay the registration fee of as per the fee mentioned above in the table via International Debit/Credit Card issued by foreign banks and issued outside India. It should be noted that payment in USD is not permitted via Debit/Credit Cards issued in India. After successful payment, applicants can print the “Registration Form” with Unique Registration Number.
Candidates must preserve the registration details page till the JEE Advanced 2017 admissions are completed. Only those, who complete their registration and application formalities with the fee payment, can download their hall ticket.
Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2017 will be available for downloading from May 5 (10 AM) to May 21 (9 AM). IIT Madras will conduct the national level engineering entrance exam on May 21 from 9 AM to 12 noon (paper1) and 2 PM to 5 PM (paper 2).
In 2016, the report by a national daily reflected that a total of 1.98 lakh candidates qualified for JEE Advanced. However, only 1.56 lakh registered for the coveted engineering entrance test. This means that 21.33 percent qualified candidates chose not to appear for the second stage exam for IIT admission.
Important Dates of JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
|1||Start of JEE Advanced 2017 Registration||April 28, 2017 (11 am onwards)|
|2||End of Registrations||May 2, 2017 (till 5pm)|
|3||Last Date for Registrations with Late Fees||May 3 and May 4, 2017|
|4||JEE Advanced 2017 Exam||May 21, 2017
Paper I – 9 am to 12 pm
Paper II – 2 pm to 5 pm